Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How it all began...Introductions are in order

Naming a blog is a very difficult and delicate task. Especially because I know firsthand how a nickname can dictate your future.  Take for instance the story of ‘Cinnamon Shrimp’. ‘Cinnamon Shrimp’ is the nickname of an unfortunate boy who yelled “shrimp” while playing a drinking game in college where the goal was to name “cinnamon” things. Not only did everyone hysterically laugh at him (embarrassing), and he had to chug his beer (there could be worse things) but no one (or maybe it was just me) knew his real name for months.
Do you see where my apprehension concerning the name of my blog comes from? The wrong name could seriously and negatively impact my future.  This is why after careful consideration and deep contemplation I decided to name my blog ‘Life in a ‘95 Honda’. The deciding factor in this decision was the revelation that if the blog doesn’t work out, a girl can be known for worse things than driving a ’95 Honda.
With the blog name reasoning set aside, let me now provide you with a visual of my car. To begin, the left front light is vacant and accumulating rust- a loving memento from a younger brother who rear ended a truck. The right car mirror is missing, a battle scar from my college days at UCSB (Ole Gauchos!). The front, right light is held in place with clear tape, the AC doesn’t work, the antenna is permanently upright and snapped in half (well, more like two-thirds), and there is a loud clicking sound before locking. The latest development is that my radio has decided to sporadically stop emitting sound, leaving me with copious amounts of time to contemplate life while I sit in Los Angeles traffic. It coincidently was while I was sitting on a busy freeway that I decided upon the name, and thought that vegan bumper stickers ought to be outlawed for their stupidity.   
 Welcome to my life and thoughts in a ‘95 Honda. I promise it will be an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment